Date:      Sat, 22 May 1999 09:42:53 -0500
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestion...

On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 02:33:51PM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> > One other suggestion, while I'm at it.
> >
> > The "dgb" driver has been marked "alpha quality" for a LONG time.
> >
> > I've had a fax server running on a PC/Xe 8 port card (64k shared RAM)
> > for well over a year on one of these cards - and have NEVER had a single
> > problem with it.  That server gets a LOT of extremely heavy use, and
> > if there were driver problems I would have found them by now.
> >
> > I'd suggest that someone drop the "alpha" byline on that one - its
> > definitely stable :-)
>
> I plan on doing some work on it and the dgm driver.  They're almost
> the same and should be merged.  They both violate style(9) in almost
> every way too :-[
>
> I know of only one person with an Xem card (dgm driver), but he's
> promised to send me the specs by snail mail.  Once I get them, I'll
> start the work.
>
> Let's leave the `alpha' there for a little longer :-)

What are you planning on doing with it?  Other than DDB support I can't
imagine what could be *added* to the driver; it is one of those "just
works" things right now.

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)  Web: fathers.denninger.net
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.