Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 20:47:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        mestery@winternet.com (Kyle Mestery)
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-SMP + COMPAT_LINUX ?

Hi!
---

Kyle Mestery writes:

] On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Andreas S. Wetzel wrote:
] > I recently tried to run some Linux binaries on top of 3.0-current SMP,
] > but when I start them the machine hangs forever. Is this "supposed" to
] > be so at the current stage of development or doesn't anybody notice
] > until now?
] >
] I have the same problem, only my machine hangs for about 2 seconds and
] then reboots.  Not sure if it is related to SMP or just compat_linux
] though.  I only noticed this with quake btw, and it is this Linux qyake
] binary:
]
] i386-ELF-xquake-1.06
] hope.winternet.com$ file /usr/local/quakeserver/i386-ELF-xquake-1.06
] /usr/local/quakeserver/i386-ELF-xquake-1.06: ELF 32-bit LSB executable,
] Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically linked, stripped

It doesn't reboot but it hangs forever. The binary I was using is somewhat
different:

xf86quake: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (Linux),
           dynamically linked, stripped

The QW Client was version 1.64 and hanged itself upon the same way as xf86quake
does. I also tried to stop the second processor and then run the linux emulator
but that did not make any difference.

Regards, Mickey

--
          (__)