Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 2015 18:21:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Xavier Freebsd Questio <xavierfreebsdquestio@aim.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: emulate a Xorg configuration of GNU/Linux (Fedora 21) on FreeBSD

On Sun, 4 Jan 2015, Xavier Freebsd Questio via freebsd-questions wrote:

> I have a laptop with an Intel graphics card,

Which one, specifically?  What is the laptop model number, and exactly
which Intel graphics does it have?

> Attached a Xorg log of the GNU/Linux to check what uses the GNU/Linux, to get
> it, I do not know if that requires any specific part of the same GNU/Linux
> outside of Xorg.
>
> http://pastebin.com/85Xym8Vs

That appears to be a mixed log of events, and I did not see anything
useful identifying the type of Intel graphics needed.

> Taking it into consideration, Xorg, as well as for GNU/Linux as to FreeBSD.
> For all I know, is the same that the GNU/Linux shows the image from the
> external VGA, theoretically the setting could be reproduce in FreeBSD.
>
> Do you have any idea about this topic? Any comments?

If you have supported Intel graphics (that is, not Haswell), xrandr can
probably switch the video output.