Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 14:14:51 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        Chris McNett <chrismcnett@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Incoming requests not working

On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 08:35:43PM +0000, Chris McNett wrote:
> I think it's 4.0-STABLE.
> There isn't a natd config (I've only put kernel support in so far.)

OK, then make sure you don't put 'natd_enable="YES"' in rc.conf until
it is ready to go.

> ldd indicates that it can't find ld-linux.so.2

That makes me think you clobbered some executables with stuff from
/usr/compat, not just the libs.

> ipfw show gives me:
> 65535 1555 146488 deny ip from any to any

Well, if you do not pass any packets, networking is not going to do
much. Hmm, the loopback should really not be working either. Try,

  firewall_type="open"

While you are getting things set up.