Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 1998 04:43:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Donn Miller <dmm125@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD equiv. of /proc/loadavg

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Donn Miller wrote:

> Am looking for the FreeBSD equivalent of the Linux file /proc/loadavg.  I
> want to use this instead of using getloadavg().
>
> I'm also looking for the equivalent of these.  This is what I think they
> are:
>
> Linux		FreeBSD
> =====		=======
> /proc/meminfo	/proc/curproc/mem
> /proc/stat	/proc/curproc/status
> /proc/loadavg	??? (probably /kernel)
> /proc/uptime	??? (probably /kernel)

	Hope I'm not missing the point, but what's wrong with uptime(1)?
There has been talk of a /kernelfs, but I doubt that will be happening
anytime soon.

	I suppose the closest thing to what you are looking for is the
sysctl interface.  Try 'sysctl vm.loadavg' and 'sysctl kern.boottime'.

	BTW, please don't cross post to multiple mailing lists.

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]