Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:55:13 -0800
From:      "Thomas D. Dean" <tomdean@speakeasy.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Radeon UMS Mode

I have an ASUS P9X79 motherboard, Intel i7-3930K, Radeon HD 6840, ASUS
V228 monitor.  FreeBSD 9.0(RC2).

Xorg -configure wants to use the radeon driver.  I know, FreeBSD does
not have KMS.  'man radeon' talks about options for KMS and UMS, KMS
only, and UMS only.

How may I force UMS mode?  I see references on how to do it with the
'other' OS, involving radeon.modeset=0.
# grep -i modeset `find /usr/src/sys -iname \*radeon\*`
produces nothing.

When I use the Vesa driver, the monitor reports some modes like
"1920x1080"x60.0.

How may I use this mode with the Vesa driver?

tomdean