Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 1997 05:54:15 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Restoring the CTM feeds -- update

At 2:45 AM -0600 3/9/97, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
>I believe Richard Wackerbarth scribbled this message on Mar 8:
>
>this is easy... due to load on freefall ( == cvsup.freebsd.org) they now
>have disallowed normal access...  only mirrors and some commiters have
>access to it...

Yes, but I was SUPPOSED to be one of the few since it is not a good
idea to have extra intermediate steps in the CTM feed generation.

>> Now if I could just solve THIS problem :-(
>> I might be able to generate even newer updates.
>>
>> Cannot connect to cvsup.FreeBSD.org: Connection refused
>> Will retry at 05:05:12

BTW, if freefall does not accept all users, I think it should
not carry the flagship name.

IMHO, cvsup.freebsd.org SHOULD be the fastest, best connected, system
willing to take all. If freefall is restricted, give it another name
like CVSup.Root.FreeBSD.Org