Date:      Thu, 25 May 2000 04:33:57 -0400
From:      Mike Boto <bl29x5@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rshea@opendoor.co.nz
Subject:   Re: Necessary to use a UPS ?

I wouldn't call it necessary.  Good preparedness perhaps, but not necessary.
Refer to http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/backup-programs.html Section 11.3.8 for
more information on how to prepare for an "unscheduled shutdown" using a few
floppy disks and tools already found in the FreeBSD distribution.