Date:      Mon, 01 Sep 1997 02:29:47 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Chris <chris@ferraro.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, theta@gte.net
Subject:   Re: ppp autoredial on disconnect

> I am having a problem getting user PPP do redial automatically after the
> modem is disconnected.  I have tried setting the timeout to 0 and the
> using the -ddial option.  Setting the timeout to 0 doesn't cause the
> modem to redial after any length of time.
>
> Today I downloaded the newest ppp from Brian Somers site, but I still
> have the exact same problem.  I am using FreeBSD 2.2.2.
>
> Any ideas?
[.....]

Check out ppp.conf.sample (it comes with the archive you downloaded,
but it's not installed automatically).  The pmdemand entry gives an
example that should work for you.

-ddial keeps the line up all the time.  "set reconnect" allows you to
reconnect if you lose carrier unexpectedly, but otherwise lets your
connection time out.

There's lots of stuff in the man page.

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>