Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:51:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ian Struble <ian@broken.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Not enough buffer space for a socket?

[Tue Jan 25 17:45:01 2000] [error] [client 10.1.1.10] (55)No buffer
space available: proxy: error creating socket

Hi all,

I'm not sure what kernel state I need to set/increase in order to get rid
of these errors on a box that is basically the lightweight front end
proxy machine to a bunch of heavy weight backend procs on a few different
machines.

In the past I have always had the frontend(proxy) and backend(mod_perl)
apache procs on the same machine so I only had to twiddle with
kern.ipc.maxsockbuf to give me a little better performance.  But since
the frontend and the back end are on different machines I am not really
sure what I need to set and how high to set it or even if it can be
increased at all.  Well ok, I have no doubt that it can be increased but
I think you get my point :^)

So can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Ian