Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:45:18 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        swills@FreeBSD.org, freebsd@beardz.net, eadler@FreeBSD.org, gjb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: "postfix-current" broken on amd64 platform

--=-VpjmggtiR476n8KPSg6+

1) The problem is not amd64 specific

2) No point unmarking BROKEN, it currently fails on i386 pointyhat nodes
too

3) Diagnosis is hard because the postfix-install shell script prints no
useful progress messages

Example failure log:
http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/e.8.20111103071512/po=
stfix-current-2.9.20111012,4.log

Sahil Tandon p=ED=B9e v po 14. 11. 2011 v 21:24 -0500:
> [ pav@ and those who tested mail/postifx-current on amd64 added to Cc: ]
>=20
> On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 08:37:13 -0500, Jerry wrote:
>=20
> > The "postfix-current" port is still marked as broken:
> >=20
> > .if ${ARCH} =3D=3D "amd64"
> > BROKEN=3D         fails during installation
> > .endif
> >=20
> > Since all previous releases of Postfix worked on FreeBSD, and since
> > Postfix is/was developed on FreeBSD, I was wondering what the problem
> > is with this release. Is there a possibility that this phenomena might
> > be rectified in the near future?
>=20
> Thanks for your report, Jerry.  You are correct that FreeBSD is the main
> development platform for Postfix.  It seems that pointyhat's amd64
> machine throws an error during the install phase.  Pav noticed this and
> marked the port BROKEN; however, neither I nor a few others I've
> enlisted can reproduce the error.  Would you mind removing the
> conditional that marks this port BROKEN, try to build/install in your
> amd64 environment, and report the results?=20
>=20
> Pav, if nobody else can reproduce the error seen on pointyhat, can
> portmgr look into whether there is something quirky with the amd64
> pointyhat machine?
>=20

--=20
--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>
Two sausages are in a frying pan. One says, "Geez, it's hot in here
isn't it?" And the other one says, "Aaaaaah! A talking sausage!"

--=-VpjmggtiR476n8KPSg6+

--=-VpjmggtiR476n8KPSg6+--