Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:47:04 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Thomas_G=C3=B6llner_=28Newsletter=29?= <Newsletter@goelli.de>
To:        "'Volodymyr Kostyrko'" <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   AW: ZFS: Corrupted pool metadata after adding vdev to a pool - no opportunity to rescue data from healthy vdevs? Remove a vdev? Rewrite metadata?

>Looks pretty bad, but you can try readonly mode with transaction =
rollback and recheck:

>     zpool import -f -R /GoelliZFS1 -N -o readonly=3Don -F -X =
GoelliZFS1

Thanks for your suggestion. I think it was a bit like "zpool import =
-fFXa" so I'm not surprised that it has the same result after ca. 30 =
seconds:
	cannot import 'GoelliZFS1': one or more devices is currently =
unavailable

If I can't tell the ZFS to ignore or delete the missing vdev, perhaps I =
can replace the missing with a "new" one? I have the three 1.5TB discs I =
wanted to add to the pool. So I can create a raidz-vdev out of them and =
replace the missing-vdev with the new-raidz-vdev...  Can someone tell me =
how I am supposed to do this via CLI?

Another idea is this: If I delete the pool, is there a way to take the =
three 3TB discs with my data and create a "new-old" vdev/pool out of =
them? I think of this because of the constructed case I mentioned...

I still can't accept, that there's no way to rewrite or edit the =
metadata ;-)