Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 2012 13:35:50 -0600
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: accepting rtadv broken on 9-STABLE, re driver?

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 12:49:45 -0600, Sergey Kandaurov <pluknet@gmail.com>
wrote:

> You mean ipv6_activate_all_interfaces="YES" ?

Yes... Unfortunately that's what I get for typing it manually and being
distracted at the time. :-)

> What is in your rc.conf? Do you have "inet6 accept_rtadv" keyword in it?
> IIRC it should be enough to specify ifconfig_re0_ipv6="inet6
> accept_rtadv"
> without additional tweaks. Consult with rc.conf(5).

I figured I would end up putting that in rc.conf as a temporary fix, but
maybe that's just the long term solution. It seems so odd to me that the
sysctl change doesn't automatically cause the ACCEPT_RTADV option to show
up for re0, but it does for vboxnet0. Perhaps there should be a cleaner
way to do this in rc.conf like how we do ifconfig_re0="DHCP" ?

Thanks,

Mark