Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:14:01 -0600 (CST)
From:      Denny White <dennyboy@cableone.net>
To:        "Arthur W. Neilson III" <art@pilikia.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mod_perl/apache cgi's

As usual, feeling a little dumb. Anyway, I didn't
have to do everything you wrote, but it helped
reading it. It helped me find the config mistake
in httpd.conf which was:

###MOD_PERL SETUP###
<Files ~ "\.pl$">
Changed this to
<Files ~ "\.cgi$">

Changed AddHandler cgi-script .pl to
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

Then only had to change links in webpages calling
the cgi script & restart apache.

Really appreciate your help.

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Arthur W. Neilson III wrote:

> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:55:28 -1000
> From: Arthur W. Neilson III <art@pilikia.net>
> To: Denny White <dennyboy@cableone.net>
> Subject: Re: mod_perl/apache cgi's
>
> I had mod_perl working nicely before I switched
> all my stuff to php.  I used an AddHandler section like so:
>
> #
> # These directives instruct Apache to use the Apache::Registry script
> # for all requests in /mod-perl. If you were to examine the Apache::Registry file
> # (which is usually found in your site_perl directory, often /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/),
> # you'd find that Apache::Registry is written as a module with a subroutine called handler.
> # When Apache runs, it loads the Apache::Registry and calls the "handler" subroutine.
> # And this subroutine compiles and runs your CGI script.
> #
> <Location /mod-perl>
> SetHandler perl-script
> PerlHandler Apache::Registry
> Options +ExecCGI
> </Location>
>
> and had an alias too within <IfModule mod_alias.c>
>
>     #
>     # This directive tells apache that any request for /mod-perl should be made
>     # to the /home/httpd/mod-perl directory. By defining a new location for
>     # CGI scripts, you separate the scripts served from mod_perl from your
>     # existing cgi-scripts, which helps keep things nice and organized.
>     #
>     Alias /mod-perl "/var/www/mod-perl"
>
> Hope this helps!!
>
> On 2/25/02 at 9:51 PM Denny White wrote:

> >with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
>

> --
>     __
>    /  )    _/_  It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data.
>   /--/ __  /    Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories,
>  /  (_/ (_<__   Instead of theories to suit facts.
>                      -- Sherlock Holmes, "A Scandal in Bohemia"
>  Arthur W. Neilson III, WH7N - FISTS #7448
>  Bank of Hawaii Network Services
>  http://www.pilikia.net
>  art@pilikia.net, aneilson@boh.com, wh7n@arrl.net

Never eat more than