Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 1995 21:49:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, dufault@hda.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, pst@Shockwave.COM
Subject:   Re: kern/248: scbus attach/probe printf inconsistency

> >This happens because we print bogus information.
>
> This happens because fdisk/disklabel are confused.  They have problems
> finding the correct information and don't do any consistency checking.
> An error transcribing non-bogus information would cause much the same
> problem as bogus information.

Bruce, if I can expect you to sit in the receiving end of all emails relating
to this, then the printf can stay, otherwise I will use my release-engineer
hat, and say: it must die.

I'm willing to accept "die" to mean:
	only be printed when bootverbose is set.

But in a normal boot I don't want to see it.  The <1% of our users who care,
can certainly be bothered to do a "boot -v" to see it.

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'