Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 95 12:36:52 GMT
From:      "gj%pcs.dec.com@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com" <garyj@rks32.pcs.dec.com>
To:        brian%MediaCity.com@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com (Brian Litzinger)
Cc:        questions%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Subject:   Re: unpar'ed version of GDB 4.13 available?

> I'd like to install the UPS debugger under FreeBSD 2.0.
>
> It makes heavy use of (munges) the GDB 4.13 source code, and
> it doesn't seem to work with the version of GDB 4.13 supplied
> in the 2.0-FreeBSD release.
>
> Does the standard distribution of GDB 4.13 with FreeBSD support
> exist some where?
>
> Has anyone already ported UPS to FreeBSD 2.0?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian Litzinger
> brian@easynet.com

I actually looked into this at Jordan's request and concluded that it would
be more trouble than it's worth to modify ups to work with the version of
gdb in -current. However, ups has been ported and the port includes all the
diffs to stock gdb-4.13 to support ups and FreeBSD. What's missing is support
for kernel debugging and attach/detach, but what the hey.

There's a copy of the port on wcarchive as /incoming/FreeBSD/ups-port.tgz. I
actually compiled it and it worked quite well, although I personally
consider tgdb to be superior.

Note that I didn't do this port, I just know about it.

Gary J.