Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 1997 09:45:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Niklas Saers <beren@saers.com>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bug in search-engine

On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Niklas Saers wrote:

> While searching for cd-write in your search engine, I noticed that it
> looks very much for cd but not much for cd-write. Could this be a bug in
> your engine?

`cd-write' is actually two keywords in the eyes of the search
engine.  Generally, the handling of non-alphanumeric characters
is suboptimal and could be considered a bug, but a bug in design,
not implementation.  The (freewais-sf) source code is one
terrifying twisted jungle of code so it isn't likely to be fixed
anytime soon.  :(

Try searching for cd writer.

-john