Date:      Thu, 03 Sep 1998 21:06:46 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        Michael Searle <searle@longacre.demon.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SuSE X server for Matrox G200

At 02:05 AM 9/4/98 +0100, Michael Searle wrote:
>I've just checked SuSE's page, and they have an X server for
>the Matrox Millenium G200. They only have a Linux version
>of this server, but is anyone running it under emulation?
>(even if it's another card on the Matrox server, or a
>different SuSE server.)

I tried the SuSE server under Linux emulation on my 2.2.7-R machine. After
putting symlinks in place for /dev/tty0 -> /dev/ttyv0 and the others vtys,
the server died giving some message which i didn't right down. In any case,
that didn't work.

I did however download the AcceleratedX for Desktops demo server from Xi
Graphics, and that worked perfectly, although only for the 10 minutes the
demo server gives you.

--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@bigfoot.com ludwigp@chipweb.ml.org
ICQ UIN: 692441   http://chipweb.home.ml.org