Date:      Sun, 6 Aug 1995 09:49:05 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        Leo Papandreou <leo@lisa.rur.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yahoo is crediting FreeBSD

On Thu, 3 Aug 1995, Leo Papandreou wrote:

> So I was browsing their new interface yesterday, interested in the
> details of their new corporate structure, when I came upon mention
> that they're  using FreeBSD for some of their web servers. Dont know
> if this is old news to everyone else but it was pretty cool to see.

    Where is this information?  I looked around briefly and couldn't
find any mention of it.  Perhaps someone should contact them and find
out exactly what kind of hardware they have and the amount of load
placed on the FreeBSD servers.  I always knew a FreeBSD box made an
awesome Web server.  ;-)  Perhaps we should encourage someone there to
participate in some of the mailing lists and tell us of any pitfalls
or shortcomings of using FreeBSD on such a heavily-visited site.

    BTW, I also found this while I was there:

*  The Way - Monthly mag devoted to DOS, Windows, FreeBSD, and keeping
   them up to date on the Web. Software updates and patches,
   Instructions and e-mail support. Imagemaped hotlists and more...

(http://theway.com/)

    I tried the link, but got a network error.  Anyone know who these
people are?

    http://www.digicash.com/ecash/ecash-home.html

> P.S. Wasnt really following the technical details of MCSNet's problems
> (couldnt even had i wanted to) and I cant say that Yahoo's setup is
> anything like Karl's but seems to me they might have something of in-
> terest to teach.

    Yes, get someone (or two) from Yahoo on these lists.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org