Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2017 08:15:55 -0600
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: openssl problem

> On 24 Oct, 2017, at 8:00, Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> I do "pkg install openssl" that works ok.
>=20
> But from that point I get 2 different messages at port make time =
depending on the port being installed.
>=20
> /usr/ports/sysutils/qjail >make install clean
> /!\ WARNING /!\
>=20
> You have security/openssl installed but do not have
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=3Dssl=3Dopenssl set in your make.conf
>=20
> Which stops if I add DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=3Dssl=3Dopenssl to =
/etc/make.conf
>=20
>=20
> Get this error all the time, even with /etc/make.com populated with =
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=3Dssl=3Dopenssl
>=20
> /usr/ports/www/links >make install clean
> make: "/usr/ports/Mk/Uses/ssl.mk" line 77: You are using
> an unsupported SSL provider openssl
>=20
> I see this needing 2 solutions.
>=20
> 1. The openssl port needs to be changes so it populates /etc/make.conf =
with DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=3Dssl=3Dopenssl

That is unlikely ever to happen. The workflow isn't "install openssl, =
make.conf is updated", it's "make.conf is updated (by you), now when you =
install things openssl is brought in automatically." No port should ever =
be touching things in /etc without a tremendously good reason.

> 2. The /usr/ports/Mk/Uses/ssl.mk" line 77 needs to be changed to =
resolve this bogus error message.

I'm not sure how you're getting this message, as openssl is definitely a =
valid value. Is this on quarterly or HEAD? How old is your ports tree? =
What else is in your make.conf?

# Adam

--=20
Adam Weinberger