Date:      Fri, 14 May 2004 23:28:24 GMT
From:      Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, =?iso-8859-2?Q?Vladim=EDr_Benc?= <v.benc@volny.cz>
Subject:   Re: Third IDE hard disk

Vladim=EDr Benc wrote:

> If a BSD box doesn't "see" the third IDE, this seems to be in the
> BIOS is Enabled only Primary IDE Controller. You must enable both
> Channels on the controller.

All three IDE controllers are enabled in the BIOS, as far as I can tell.

> So you can try to
> change the position of "problematic" disk to another
> master/slave/channel and boot FBSD, but this is only stupid try :-)

Unfortunately, I cannot do that. The CDROM is on the second IDE, as the =
third, onboard IDE controller does not support ATAPI devices (only =
ATA133). So, I figured I hang my third disk (large backup disk), which =
is not an ATAPI device, of course, on the third IDE.

My greatest fear, however, is that FreeBSD cannot deal with a third IDE =
controller. Can you at least alleviate that fear?

I very much appreciate your help,

- Mark