Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:55:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux i386, NVidia on FreeBSD/amd64?

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> I'd like my next machine to be an amd64, but need to make sure, a
> few things can be made to work before comitting.

Even if you can't get what you want to work under FreeBSD/amd64, you
can still get the AMD64 machine and run FreeBSD/x86 on it just like
any other box.  Eventually you could move up to FreeBSD/amd64 when
everything you want works there.  I was running my dual-Opteron under
FreeBSD/x86 4.10 for a while (mostly out of laziness because that was
what was already on my hard drive from my previous system) and just
recently installed FreeBSD/amd64 5.3, but I don't have the same
requirements you listed so I can't comment on wether any of that works
under amd64 yet.

--
  Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us
  FreeBSD: The fastest, most open, and most stable OS on the planet

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?