Date:      Sun, 27 Nov 2016 17:50:18 -0800
From:      Frank DiMitri <frankd@frank-d.info>
To:        "" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mellanox ConnectX/X2/X3 OFED module for FreeBSD 11.x

Mellanox has no driver for cards earlier than ConnectX4 available for FreeBSD 11.x at the moment.

What I have right now is a quick hack to get the 2.1.6 driver for 10.1 to compile and work under 11.0. It needs some polishing, but it does work. I didn't do anything for the InfiniBand side, only the Ethernet/core.

https://github.com/fdimitri/Mellanox-OFED-ConnectX-FreeBSD11

For anyone looking to run these cards under FreeBSD 11.0, this should work at the least in the interim. The only non-functional part under 11.0-release-p1 are the counters available through sysctl (hw.mlxenX.stat) for packet sizes ie in_gt_1548.

Hopefully this is the right place to send this.

Is there a reason the OFED drivers aren't in-tree? They are dual-licensed under GPL and BSD.

Thanks,

Frank DiMitri