Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:32:47 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        jim@nasby.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Subject:   Re: Panics & bad reads from 3.3-RELEASE install with aha2940u2w....

"Jim C. Nasby" writes:
> FWIW, the SCSI chipset on the P2B-DS is an aha7890; I assume it's the
> same on the -S. Also FWIW, I had no trouble doing an FTP install on
> a P2B-DS with different versions of FBSD and different drives.

I have a P2B-S, not -DS, and its functions have been perfect. Wonder
what I did with my 3.3-RELEASE CD's? My P2B-S has been a sacrificial
experiment machine that I can wipe as needed. And I've been meaning to
resize its partitions.

What I haven't done is put SCSI CD's on the thing. It has two 7200 RPM
9G IBM 1" high UW drives on it and the non-LVD SCSI cable. Nothing is
connected to the narrow SCSI connector on the MB.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net