Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:57:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Moore, Robert" <robert.moore@intel.com>
Cc:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>, current@freebsd.org, "acpi-jp@jp.FreeBSD.org" <acpi-jp@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: [acpi-jp 1965] RE: Call for testers: acpica-unix-20021118.ta

On 22-Nov-2002 Moore, Robert wrote:

> Unfortunately, the ACPI specification also says this:
>
> "Each register block contains two registers of equal length: GPEx_STS and
> GPEx_EN (where x is 0 or 1). The length of the GPE0_STS and GPE0_EN
> registers is equal to half the GPE0_LEN. The length of the GPE1_STS and
> GPE1_EN registers is equal to half the GPE1_LEN. If a generic register block
> is not supported then its respective block pointer and block length values
> in the FADT table contain zeros. The GPE0_LEN and GPE1_LEN do not need to be
> the same size."
>

> I guess that we will have to code it this way -- if EITHER the GPE1_BLK or
> GPE1_BLK_LEN is zero, there is no GPE1.  Likewise with the GPE0 block.

Well, if you look at page 102 of the spec in the description of the FADT
fields, it says for GPE0_BLK and GPE1_BLK both that "if this register block
is not supported, this field contains zero", by which I take it to mean that
GPE[01]_BLK_LEN's values are undefined if the corresponding GPE[01]_BLK values
are zero.