Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 23:10:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Donald Burr of Borg <dburr@borg-cube.com>
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD on an AlphaPC 164LX - Alpha newbie needs help

If your ARC has the entry soemthing like (I'm going from memory) "Switch to
Other Operating System"- try and do that. You need to switch to SRM
support. That's not the same as ARC/AlphaBIOS.

I also got a similar machine to yours from EBay- I found it reasonable to
reflash SRM into it when it didn't have it.

The 21140 is supported by the 'de' driver.

I haven't a clue about the gracphics card. FX!32- I dunno either.