Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:37:41 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Daniel Schrock <dschrock@speakeasy.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup question

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 10:34 am, Daniel Schrock wrote:
> This is more of a minor annoyance, but I can't seem to fix it.
> I'm tired of portsdb -Uu spitting out errors regarding not finding
> japanese ports.

Try=20

cd /usr/ports
make index
portsdb -u=20

I have incorporated this sequence in my uports script because of the=20
many error message. You also get the full list when you use "make=20
index". Make will die at the first port that is missing and so you=20
can't have ports in your refuse file. BTW, if you do this everytime,=20
you might as well add "ports/INDEX" to your ports-all refuse file.=20
There isn't any reason to re-transfer a 3.05 MB file when you are going=20
to create it as soon as you finish cvsuping.

Kent

> I initially had all of the non-english ports in my refuse file, since
> i have zero use for them, but i've removed these entries with the
> thinking that 'I have ample space and it doesn't hurt for them to be
> there if i can quiet the output of portsdb -Uu'
>
> but using 'ports-all' in my ports-supfile isn't grabbing the
> japanese, or any other language  for that matter (except portuguese
> and hungarian).
>
> Like I said, this is more of a minor annoyance, but if anyone knows a
> fix, that would be great.
>
> thanks.
>
> .daniel.schrock

--=20