Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 2020 10:59:40 -0400
From:      David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD, ipfilter, and IPv4 and IPv6 rules?

Hello,

I'm looking for a working configuration of ipfilter on FreeBSD that
uses both IPv4 and IPv6 rules. I've got v4 rules defined which are
working in /etc/ipf.rules. When I try to get a SLAAC address on system
reboot that fails, and my ipv6 rules are not autoloading which
according to /etc/default/rc.conf should be in a file called
/etc/ipf6.rules. To get them to load I have to do ipf -FA -f
/etc/ipf6.rules then I get an ipv6 address just pops right up. I'm
also interested in the tcp/udp/tcp6/udp6 ports rtsold and SLAAC use?

Thanks.
Dave.