Date:      Thu, 8 Oct 1998 21:52:19 -0700
From:      "Mark Cockrum" <n9842643@cc.wwu.edu>
To:        dc-stuff@dis.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   TCP/IP books

I'm a college student who just installed a copy of FreeBSD that
got at Defcon this summer.  I have a copy of The Complete FreeBSD
by Greg Lehey, and I am starting to feel "somewhat" comfortable
witht the operating system.

Greg's book goes somewhat in depht about TCP/IP, but i'm looking
for a book to contuning to learning about TCP/IP networks and
the security issues present in them.  I noticed on defcon.org
a few books, namely TCP/IP illustrated vol. 1,2,3, Pratical
UNIX and internet security by Garfinkel and Spafford, and TCP/IP
network adminastration by Craig Hunt.  I'm hopeing for a book
that can tie in TCP/IP security issues well with UNIX (and
namely FreeBSD) enviroments.  (i.e. none of that WinNT bullshit.)
Keep in mind I don't know a great deal about UNIX or TCP/IP
(well, i got PPP to work in FreeBSD) so the book can't be to
top-heavy.

Can anyone give me a good sugestion on wich books to buy?

thanks,
 -MC

 ___
<@,@>  Mark A. Cockrum              Powered by FreeBSD 2.2.6