Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:19:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any work around for this FreeBSD bug/DoS  ?

:Is there any work around or coming fix for the 'testsockbuf.c' originally
:reported by Marc Olzheim <marcolz@ilse.nl> on Aug 9th ?  Its only a matter
:of time until some wannabe script kiddie uploads it to one of my servers
:for his/her cgi-script. It crashes 2.2.x and 3.x servers reliably :-( I
:sent a message to the security officer last week but havent heard anything
:since then.
:
:	---Mike

    Try adjusting the kern.ipc.maxsockbuf sysctl.

						-Matt