Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:25:19 -0800
From:      Glenn Trewitt <glenn@trewitt.org>
To:        qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New cdboot ISO available

>Please test this ISO and provide feedback to the -stable or -qa
>lists thanks.

I used the mini-cd boot ISO.

It worked fine on an:
	Intel 440 BX chipset + 400MHz Celeron.
It worked fine on an:
	ALiM1647 + ALiM1535D chipset + 1200 MHz AMD Thunderbird,
	on an Iwill motherboard.

It booted OK on a Sony VAIO superslim Z505HS (500 MHz Celeron), using the external Sony CDROM, connected via Sony's PC-card interface.  However, once the kernel finished booting, it went through 3 or 4 steps:
	Use PC-card device as installation media?
	Select an I/O address area
	Select an available IRQ
Since it booted off of the CDROM, it seems like it ought to be able to offer the option of "get the distribution off of the boot media".  (Of course, I can imagine several different reasons why this wouldn't work.)

Other than that, the VAIO boot went fine, and I got to the sysinstall screen.

	- Glenn Trewitt