Date:      Wed, 08 Dec 1999 00:31:13 -0500
From:      Jim Conner <jconner@enterit.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Got the same problem here...

3.3 Release on a P180 MMX 128 Mb SDRAM
using a Symbios *875 with the below mentioned drive
and an Adaptec AHA 2940 with another SCSI drive (can't remember
exactly what it is...its at work right now)

I am having the very same problem with "ncr0: queue is empty" that has
been posted before only my machine
doesn't leave any syslog messages.   It prints to
console and there is no getting out of the issue.
I can unplug the drive and that will release the
OS back to me.  If I plug the device back in
everything still works (sort of :) ) and I can
perform a reboot.  Of course I unplugged a mounted
device which has some of my core fs's on it so the
shutdown isn't clean on that device.
I'm using the Quantum Atlas XP32150WD hdd.

I read on the mailing list a couple of months ago
that the driver for the controller is in need of
rewriting or completing and to add a line in the
cam_xpt.c source in the quirk struct

{{
         /* Reports queue full for temporary resource shortages */
         { T_DIRECT, SIP_MEDIA_FIXED, quantum, "XP32150*", "*" };
         /*quirks*/0, /*mintag*/24, /*maxtag*/32
         },
         etc etc etc

and recompiled the kernel.

Now the problem occurs less frequently but it
still occurs.  This is kicking my butt.  Anyone
got some other suggestions for a fix?

Thanks!
Jim

Please reply to my email address too.  Thanks

Today's errors, in contrast:
Windows - "Invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll at 0032:A16F2935"
UNIX  - "segmentation fault - core dumped"
Humanous Beingsus - "OOPS, I've fallen and I can't get up"