Date:      Fri, 15 Apr 2016 13:45:58 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   devel/coccinelle "semantic patches".

Hi;

Since people have been asking about my recent use of devel/coccinelle,
I created a directory where I am keeping the test patches I use:

https://people.freebsd.org/~pfg/patches/cocci/

I do *not* actually recommend running them on a regular basis.
Most of the cases caught cosmetic issues on code that has been aging
and are unlikely to be touched (again) in years. The interesting
bugs are usually caught early by static checkers already in regular
use by the project.

Handle with care, beware of false positives, etc. but absolutely
enjoy!

Pedro.