Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:13:00 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Shawn Ramsey" <shawn@megadeth.org>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Crashing every two hours!

I wonder if this commit today had anything to do with the problem you were
seeing

iedowse     2001/07/27 07:06:02 PDT

   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
     sys/kern             kern_exit.c kern_sig.c
   Log:
   Back out kern_exit.c revision 1.92.2.4 and kern_sig.c revision
   1.72.2.7 (SIGCHLD SIG_IGN signal handling changes) until the issue
   with "fault on nofault entry" panics in exit1() is resolved.

   The fault seems to occur when p->p_pptr->p_sigacts is dereferenced
   in exit1(). It is probably some kind of a race with the exiting of
   the parent, but I'm unsure of the details.

   Revision  Changes    Path
   1.92.2.5  +4 -5      src/sys/kern/kern_exit.c
   1.72.2.8  +4 -6      src/sys/kern/kern_sig.c