Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 20:20:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9422

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Mike Meyer wrote:

# /usr/ports/package/All doesn't seem to exist on my system

Argh, should have been /usr/ports/packages/All.

# (3.0-RELEASE). Should "make package" install the package in that
# directory by default, and my not having it is creating the problem?

'make package' does install there by default if you manually
create the directory, but this isn't the problem.  You would
still need to use PKG_PATH because pkg_add must have either
the full path to the package file (eg. /tmp/foo/foo-1.2.tgz)
or you need to set PKG_PATH to the package directory and use
the package name (foo-1.2 without the .tgz).

-steve