Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:21:51 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>, Monah Baki <mbaki@whywire.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla weirdness

On Thursday 16 October 2003 07:09 am, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 08:54:46AM -0400, Monah Baki wrote:
> > I just upgraded my ports tree and I'm running gnome 2.4 with
> > mozilla 1.4. I logged in as my username (not root) and double
> > clicked my mozilla icon (which was pointing to /usr/X11R6/
> > bin/mozilla). 2 things I got confused is it gave me a dialog box
> > saying which profile to use (by default, there was default), so I
> > clicked choose defaut profile, it responded "it's already in use".
> > Then all of a sudden every 2-3 seconds it gave the same dialog box
> > and I couldn't quit, so I had to reboot.
>
> This sort of thing can happen occasionally between Mozilla updates.
> One thing to try is moving aside your ~/.mozilla directory and
> starting again with a new one.  Of course, this means that you'll
> have to recreate all of your customised settings and bookmarks and so
> forth.

I have been having similar problems. I did a "manage bookmarks" and from
the tools menu, I exported them. This is also a handy way of sharing
them between machines. Then, I stopped mozilla, removed .mozilla,
restarted mozilla and from the manage option I imported the old
bookmarks. This added a new personal toolbar, which isn't real. I
opened  and moved each of the folders from the old one into the real
personal toolbar and deleted what was left of the one I had just
imported.

I had one stick around last night and kill -9 or -15 wouldn't work. I
finally resorted to a "killall mozilla-bin" and it disappeared.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA