Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 1995 11:52:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   BAD BUG IN UFS RENAME

Well, I've discovered some very interesting brain damage.

In the case of an attemped cross-device rename, both NAMEI buffers are
freed twice.

In the case of a rename of a->b where a + b have the same inode numbers
but not the same name, the, the from buffer is freed twice.

I'm about to engage in a cleanup of this very code, I'm just reporting
the problem to note the justification of the cleanup.

The code of interest for this bungle is in:

	kern/vfs_syscalls.c (rename)
	ufs/ufs/ufs_vnops.c (ufs_rename)

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org