Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 1998 09:48:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Britton Johnson <johnson@lindenwood.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   de0 and bad crc/alignment errors

I searched the mailing list archive and came up with several hits
regarding the de0 driver and bad crc/alignment errors.  Apparently it is
somewhat common.  However, there weren't any real summaries to show
that anyone had a real grip on the cause of the problem.  I am basicaly
just concerned whether it is a security risk or if it is something I can
ignore?

I am running 2.2.6-RELEASE, and the card is a Kingston.
The kernel messages complain from a variety of ethernet addresses.

Is there a patch available?  Should I consider a different network
interface?  Should I ignore these messages?

Any help is appreciated, will summarize.

Thanks,
Britt

- Britton Johnson, Ass't System Admin.  Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO -
         Disclaimer: Any typos, grammatical errors, and/or lapses of
      intelligence are purely intentional.  Don't try this at home.  ;-)