Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 1995 21:47:16 -0800
From:      hasty@netcom.com (Amancio Hasty Jr)
To:        aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: snd devices (documentation)

>Just out of curosity, has any work ever been done to clean up the

The problem is not the sound driver per se but the lack of a
volunteer to support a FreeBSD sound driver(s).

It is already hard enough to keep up with the sound driver.

We could beef up config to understand better about configuring
the sound driver(s). It places a minor maintenance burden on
config and less painful migration path from linux to FreeBSD.

On FreeBSD-1.1.5 and I believe that with the Linux sound driver
there is a simple document which outlines how to configure the
Linux sound driver. This document got wipe out on FreeBSD-2.0.

I think that in addition to raising the issues of ease of
configuration of the sound drivers, we should focus more
on sound applications in general. I have yet to see a single
sound app coming out of this FreeBSD group, oops, I just
remember tracker.

So show us what you can do with the sound drivers and we can
show you a much easier to configure sound driver.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio