Date:      21 Nov 2002 01:40:34 -0900
From:      Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   backing up to cd

What is the best way to backup to an atapi cdr? is it mkisofs or burncd
or cdrecord? I would like to be able to have this automated where I will
create a cron job that uses tar and gzip to compare the files in the
directory and if there is a change in the file it will make a new backup
then send it to be burned.

But I am having a tough time trying to figure out which would be the
smoothest way to back it up and then recover the files from the cd. I
would like to be able to mount the cdrom and simply 'cp' the files to a
directory. Can anyone one tell me what they think would work best?

Jon