Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2012 15:13:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Two errors each affecting several ports

First error:
configure: error: the pkg-config script could not be found or is too old. M=
ake sure it is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to t=
he full path to pkg-config
(affects ports such as shared-mime-info, esound...)
Second error:
/usr/local/bin/ld: main.o: undefined reference to symbol 'curses version'
/usr/local/lib/libtinfow.so.6.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** [mutt] Error code 1
Which affects several other ports (... mc, vitunes...)
I tried rebuilding binutils to fix it/them, no difference.=A0 (BTW binutils=
 needs several
of its binaries (/usr/local/bin/ to configure/build/install, I fixed that t=
emporarily by
copying some of them elsewhere and back as "extra binaries" until reinstall=
ed and
overwritten...)
Each of these three errors may be specific to some arcane setup here.=A0 Po=
sting in
the chance that others have fixed it/them and so it is more common problem(=
s).

Thanks

J. Bouquet