Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 14:20:02 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@anasazi.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Year 2000

The computer industry seems to have shortened "Year 2000" to "Y2K".
Isn't that the kind of thinking that got us into this mess in the
first place?

Being that as it may, we've got quite a number of 2.2-STABLE servers
in production, and a small number of 3.1-STABLE cooking on the back
burner.  We've been asked by some customers if we have done any
formal Y2K certification testing.  The answer is that we haven't,
although it is scheduled for right after the Linux testing
completes.  But it did make me wonder if the FreeBSD organization,
or any of y'all out there have so done (and if so, what the outcome
was).  I'd expect sore spots in the locale stuff, perhaps in process
accounting.

I'll be happy to post what we learn, although I doubt our tests will
be exhaustive.  We'll just be testing how the platform supports our
particular set of applications.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)   REZsolutions, Inc.   602-870-3330
chad@REZsolutions.com   chad@anasazi.com   chad@dcfinc.com