Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 1998 18:15:30 +0100
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Jason J. Horton" <jason@intercom.com>
Subject:   Re: 2.2.8-RELEASE and SCSI problem

As Jason J. Horton wrote:

> mount /dev/sd0a /mntwhatever
> I get this error:
> sd0: Can't deal with 201 bytes logical blocks
> and obviously the mount doesn't happen.

This looks odd.  While i can imagine why someone has a disk that's
formatted to 528 bytes/sector (as recently reported here), i can't
imagine what 201 bytes/sector might be good for at all.

My guess is that this controller is announcing some value for the
block size the FreeBSD SCSI subsystem doesn't get correctly, or
something like this.  Perhaps you cate to quote the full probe
messages (from a boot -v) here?  (The part relevant to SCSI is
sufficient.)

> 3) Are NetBSD filesystems compatible with FreeBSD(all sources report
> that it is)???

They should be.

--
cheers, J"org