Date:      Thu, 21 Apr 2016 16:37:06 -0500
From:      Jason Bacon <bacon4000@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel modules

Has anyone been using the kernel modules as opposed to rebuilding the
entire kernel?

I got my hands on some instructions a while back and wrote this script:

#!/bin/sh -e

cd /usr/src/sys/modules
for module in mlx4 ibcore mlx4ib ipoib; do
     cd $module
     make
     make install
     sync    # In case kldload causes a crash
     kldload $module || true
     auto-append-line ${module}'_load="YES"' /boot/loader.conf $0
     cd ..
done
kldstat

Note: auto-append-line is provided by sysutils/auto-admin.

It runs cleanly on my current 10.2-RELEASE system, but my ConnectX-3
card is not recognized.

I haven't yet tried the buildkernel approach on the same system, but
it's worked for me in the past.

Anybody see anything awry or missing?

Thanks,

     Jason