Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 21:16:55 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Subject:   failure to make release with DOCs

Hi

Anybody tried building a RELENG_4 release *with* docs enabled
recently? NODOC=YES worked fine for me, but now I tried to
build the docs as well. As part of that process half a truckload
of ports need to be built. And that seems to fail:

>> Checksum OK for pkgconfig-0.8.0.tar.gz.
===>   pkgconfig-0.8.0 depends on executable: gmake - found
===>   pkgconfig-0.8.0 depends on executable: libtool - found
checking for __d10_pthread_attr_init in -lthread... no
checking for __pthread_attr_init_system in -lpthread... no
configure: error: I can't find the libraries for the thread implementation
                posix. Please choose another thread implementation or
                provide information on your thread implementation.
                You can also run 'configure --disable-threads'
                to compile without thread support.
configure: error: ./configure failed for glib-1.2.8
===>  Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:733: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:786: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:984: checking for Cygwin environment
configure:1000: cc -c -O -pipe -mcpu=ev4  conftest.c 1>&5
configure: In function `main':
configure:996: `__CYGWIN32__' undeclared (first use in this function)
configure:996: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
configure:996: for each function it appears in.)
configure: failed program was:
#line 989 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
(end of "config.log")