Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 2020 13:45:25 -0700
From:      David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: replace disk in zpool

On 2020-03-24 11:05, Lukasz wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I replaced one disk in my raidz1 pool, after that new one was resilvered
> but the entire pool is still in degraded state. In earlier FreeBSD
> versions zpool always returned to online state. Am I missing something
> or have I to do something additional?
>
> # zpool status
>    pool: mypool
>   state: DEGRADED
> status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
>          corruption.  Applications may be affected.
> action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
>          entire pool from backup.
>     see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
>    scan: resilvered 180G in 0 days 16:00:55 with 2 errors on Sun Mar 22
> 05:18:46 2020
> config:
>
>          NAME                             STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>          mypool                           DEGRADED     0     0     2
>            raidz1-0                       DEGRADED     0     0     4
>              diskid/DISK-WD-WMC1F0521131  ONLINE       0     0     0
>              replacing-1                  DEGRADED     0     0     0
>                15838717335844820448       UNAVAIL      0     0     0  was
> /dev/diskid/DISK-WD-WCC130964640
>                diskid/DISK-K4JG5D2B       ONLINE       0     0     0
>              ada6                         ONLINE       0     0     0
>              ada1                         ONLINE       0     0     0
>              diskid/DISK-WD-WCC130650055  ONLINE       0     0     0
>
> errors: 1 data errors, use '-v' for a list
>
> Regards,
> Lukasz

Please run the following commands and paste the console session into a
reply:

# freebsd-version ; uname -a

# zpool status -v mypool

So, you had 5 drives in RAIDZ1, one died, you removed the failed drive,
you installed a replacement drive, and you issued a 'zpool replace' command?

Have you disabled services that use datasets in that pool?

Have you set the readonly property on those datasets?

Do you have a backup?

David