Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:59:34 -0000
From:      "local.freebsd.current" <local.freebsd.current@insignia.com>
To:        "'freebsd-current@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DP2: nfsiod

Having installed DP2 and said NO to NFS client and
server in sysinstall (and there's nothing about them
in /etc/rc.conf) I see four nfsiod daemons running
after the first boot. Are they supposed to be there?

All I can find in the release notes is:

>Client-side NFS locks have been implemented.
>
>The client-side and server-side of the NFS code in the kernel used to be
intertwined in various complex ways. They have been split apart for ease of
maintenance and further development.

There was a post to fa.freebsd.current yesterday
(subject "Weird 'ps aux' output in DP2") which shows
these processes.