Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 12:58:43 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b-00.42-alpha-270298.tgz available

Sake Blok writes:
>But now I'm stuck :-(
>
>How do I actually use the ISDN-device to make a connection?
>I tried ifconfig, but then, where do I fill in username and passwd?
>I looked at pppd, but how do I select the ISDN-device (I see nothing
>appropriate in /dev/...)
>
>I feel a little stupid, there must be something right under my nose...

RTFM. For sPPP read the spppcontrol manpage, VERY important ! You should
also read the FAQ which describes how to get sPPP working. Also try looking
at the example rc.isdn files in the i4b distribution. That's what they're
there for.

For the ipr interfaces you shouldn't need to do anything, as long as
the other side accepts raw HDLC. If not, then you can't use the ipr
interfaces.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de