Date:      Wed, 7 May 2003 15:14:04 -0500
From:      "John" <sephtin@techgodz.com>
To:        "Eddy Ramos" <e.ramos@deepground.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 Major problems after fresh installation

> 2. Yes, I have a raised security level (Raising kernel security
> level: kern.securelevel: -1 -> 2);

in /etc/rc.conf, try setting
kern_securelevel_enable="NO"
and reboot.
I've seen that error before, and I'm betting that's your fix.
This could also be a problem related to below...?

---x---
Regarding the networking issue, I agree that pnp could be a cause.
Might be worth a try to turn that off.
Also, from output from messages it shows the cards but says it
can't map them.  I also don't show anywhere in your output that miibus is
loaded.
This is required for most pci nics.

It's booting what it says is a GENERIC kernel.  Have you edited the
GENERIC file and recompiled your kernel?  This could be the problem... ?

John