Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2020 10:53:06 +0200
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Cameron Berkenpas <cam@neo-zeon.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libc build failures for 13.0-CURRENT

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 04:10:24PM -0800, Cameron Berkenpas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been seeing the following build error for at least the last few days.
> As it hasn't been fixed yet, I'm assuming this is probably an issue on
> POWER, but not on x86/amd64.
>
> /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/auxv.c:89:8: error: use of undeclared identifier
> 'AT_BSDFLAGS'
>                 case AT_BSDFLAGS:
>                      ^
> /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/auxv.c:333:7: error: use of undeclared identifier
> 'AT_BSDFLAGS'
>         case AT_BSDFLAGS:

This means that your build uses out of date sys/elf_common.h. How it
happens is your local problem. Ensure that the checkout if fine, in
particular that the mentioned file indeed contains the line with the
definition for AT_BSDFLAGS.

If you use something less straightforward, like external gcc, make sure
that there is no lingering 'fixed' headers that gcc saved and patched
during its own build.